City Manager's Office
9955 Live Oak Blvd.
Live Oak, CA 95953
Interim City Manager
City Manager's Progress Report
The City Manager is the administrative head of the government of the City. Under the direction and control of the City Council, the City Manager is responsible for ensuring that the policy directions set forth by the City Council are carried out and the day-to-day operations of the City government run smoothly.
Some of the duties of the City Manager include:
- Plan, coordinate and direct the work of City departments; oversee community and economic development activities; organize public improvement projects and programs; develop and prepare administrative policies, procedures and work standards to ensure that the goals and objectives of the City are met and that mandated services are provided in an effective, efficient and economical manner.
- Oversee and monitor the City budget and provide information regarding the City's financial condition and needs to the City Council.
- Represent the City in meetings with governmental agencies, community groups and various businesses, professional, educational, regulatory and legislative organizations; act as the City liaison.
- Prepare the agenda for all regular, special or adjourned meetings of the City Council.
- Execute contracts authorized or approved by the City Council.
- Personnel and organizational responsibilities include selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of City staff; oversee the implementation of effective employee relations and related programs; oversees the City's risk management program; provide policy guidance and interpretation to staff; recommend reorganization efforts to meet the needs of the City; implement policy and procedural changes as required.